You have three options for emergency assistance abroad.
- Call Alan Ryon, UR manager for international travel and security, at +1 585-857-1168 for immediate recommendations and resource support during a crisis abroad.
- Call Mercer, our emergency medical and evacuation assistance provider, at +1 312-935-3542 for medical, security, evacuation, or basic travel assistance. Reference policy #GLMN14301719.
- Call the University’s Department of Public Safety 24/7 Emergency Line at +1 585-275-3333 for emergencies.
Call the above numbers if:
- There’s risk to life, limb, or eye and you have already notified local “911” services
- You need urgent or same-day assistance
Evaluating Incidents and Reporting Status Updates
In the event of a major security incident, the University may contact any registered travelers that could be affected. You can help by emailing the Office for Global Engagement to let us know that you’re safe, despite a recent in-country emergency
Alan Ryon, manager for international travel and security, also maintains alternate communications:
- Office: +1 585-275-8699
- Cell: +1 585-857-1168 (iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber)
- WeChat ID: URtravelManager
- Skype: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help dialing numbers while abroad? Try this online international calling tool.
Global Travel Contacts Card
Submit a Incident Report
Complete and submit a UR Traveler Abroad Incident Report to report any crimes or incidents affecting University travelers (e.g., hospitalizations, major illnesses, alcohol violations, robberies, assaults, etc.).
If you are reporting a sexual misconduct related incident involving a UR student that does not require immediate assistance, submit a Care Report instead. This allows UR to confidentially inform the student of their options. Additional resources can be found here.