You have three options for emergency assistance abroad:
- Call local emergency services first.
- Call the Rochester Manager for International Travel and Security at +1 585-857-1168 for immediate recommendations and resource support.
- Call the University’s Department of Public Safety 24/7 Emergency Line at +1 585-275-3333 for emergencies.
Evaluating Incidents and Reporting Status Updates
In the event of a major security incident, the University may contact any registered travelers that could be affected. You can help by emailing the Office for Global Engagement to let us know that you’re safe, despite a recent in-country emergency
The Manager for International travel and Security also maintains alternate communications:
- Cell: +1 585-857-1168 (iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WeChat ID: URtravelManager
Need help dialing numbers while abroad? Try this online international calling tool.
Global Travel Contacts Card
Download the University’s emergency numbers straight to your phone’s contacts by texting URGlobalTravel to 444-999 or by clicking here on your phone. If it’s not saving (on iPhone), follow these steps. Or print the card here.
Submit an Incident Report
Complete and submit a Rochester Traveler Abroad Incident Report to report any crimes or incidents affecting University travelers (e.g., hospitalizations, major illnesses, alcohol violations, robberies, assaults, etc.).
If you are seeking assistance related to an incident of sexual misconduct and do not want to make a formal report about the incident to the University, please review your options for seeking support and making an anonymous report on the Student Sexual Misconduct website here.