- To assure the rights and wellbeing of human subjects are protected
- To educate researchers about how to improve study conduct
- To assess research risk areas
- To provide resources to the Research Community
Research Education and Training
To assist researchers in protecting the rights, welfare and safety of human subjects by providing educational opportunities and resources in research ethics and human subject safety, with an emphasis on proper and responsible conduct of human subject research.
- To enable study teams to conduct human subject research in compliance with Federal regulations, institutional policy and good clinical practice thereby mitigating risks to human subjects.
- To cultivate high quality research through study team support and outreach.
Upcoming Training Opportunities
OHSP Training Opportunities
The training opportunities identified below are described further here. Please email Kelly Unsworth to register (include your name, title and contact information as well as the name and date of the course you would like to register for). External registrants will be asked to complete a registration form (registration fees will be charged for external attendees).
- Orientation to Conducting Human Subject Research
- This course is now available through Blackboard. A description of the course, including a content outline and course objectives are available here. Instructions for self-enrolling into the Blackboard course are available here.
- Research Boot Camp
- Monday, April 13, 2015, 8:00-12:00, Helen Wood Hall Classroom (1W-502)
- Core Training Module 1: Study Design - Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 12:00-1:30pm, K-307 Auditorium (Medical Center 3-6408)
- Core Training Module 2: PI Oversight - Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:00-1:30pm, Helen Wood Hall Classroom (1W-502)
OHSP Monthly Seminar Series:
Unless stated otherwise, all seminars are held from 12:00-1:00pm in the Helen Wood Hall Auditorium.
- Tuesday, January 13th:
- Annual OHSP Updates & Quiz Show
Presented by Jennifer Dolan, Emily Flagg, Tiffany Gommel & Kelly Unsworth
- Tuesday, February 17th:
- Exempt Research
Presented by Kathleen Buckwell, CIP, OHSP Senior Specialist
- Tuesday, March 24th:
- RARE Documentary
RSRB Online Submission System (ROSS) Training:
ROSS training occurs the 3rd Monday of every month from 2-3pm in the OHSP Office. Please email Suzanne Flanigan to register.
Human Subjects Training
Education & Training
- Education & Training Opportunities
- Supplemental Training
- Professional Certification
- Listserv Signup
- OHSP Library
- Additional Resources
- Investigator & Coordinator
- Board Member
- Department Reviewer
- Ancillary Committee
- Quick Reference Materials