- To assure the rights and well-being of human subjects participating in research are protected
- To educate researchers about how to improve study conduct
- To provide resources to the Research Community
Research Subjects Review Board
The University of Rochester, by action of the President and Board of Trustees, has established a system of institutional review boards to review research. These boards, each with the title of Research Subjects Review Board (RSRB), are supported by a staff office (RSRBO). The RSRBs review research that is conducted or supported by the University of Rochester to determine that the rights and welfare of the human subjects are adequately protected. The RSRB is guided by the ethical principles described in the Belmont Report and by the regulations of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (21 CFR 50 and 56) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (45 CFR 46). The University of Rochester maintains an Assurance of Compliance with the Office for Human Research Protection (OHRP).
Contact the RSRB Office at (585) 275-3050 with any questions.
- Who's My Specialist
- Policies & Guidelines
- Protocol Templates
- Consent Form Templates
- Fee Schedule
- Request for IRB Membership
- Change in Study Responsibility
- WIRB Fee Schedule
- WIRB Single Review Service Fee Schedule
- WIRB IRB of Record