- To assure the rights and well-being of human subjects participating in research are protected
- To educate researchers about how to improve study conduct
- To provide resources to the Research Community
Research Education and Training
To assist researchers in protecting the rights, welfare and safety of human subjects by providing educational opportunities and resources in research ethics and human subject safety, with an emphasis on proper and responsible conduct of human subject research.
- To enable study teams to conduct human subject research in compliance with Federal regulations, institutional policy and good clinical practice thereby mitigating risks to human subjects.
- To cultivate high quality research through study team support and outreach.
Upcoming Training Opportunities
OHSP Training Opportunities
The training opportunities identified below are described further here. Please email Kelly Unsworth to register (include your name, title and contact information as well as the name and date of the course you would like to register for). External registrants will be asked to complete a registration form (registration fees will be charged for external attendees).
- Orientation to Conducting Human Subject Research
- This course is now available through MyPath. A description of the course, including a content outline and course objectives are available here. Instructions for self-enrolling into the MyPath course are available here.
- Research Boot Camp
- Friday, April 29, 2016, 12:00-4:00am, Location: Helen Wood Hall Classroom (1W-501).
To register, please click here:OHSP Research Boot Camp Registration
- Core Training Module 2: PI Oversight - Monday, February 22nd, 2016, 12:00-1:30pm, Helen Wood Hall Classroom (1W-501)
To register, please click here: OHSP Core Training Module 2 (PI Oversight) Registration
- Core Training Module 4: Study Operations - Wednesday, March 30th, 2016, 2:00-4:30pm, Medical Center CEL Classroom (2-7544)
To register, please click here: OHSP Core Training Module 4 (Study Operations) Registration
- Core Training Module 5: Recruitment & Retention - Monday, April 25, 2016, 12:00-1:30pm, Helen Wood Hall Classroom (1W-502)
To register, please click here: OHSP Core Training Module 5 (Recruitment & Retention) Registration
- Core Training Module 6: Informed Consent - Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 2:00-4:30pm, Saunders Research Building Rm(1416)
To register, please click here: OHSP Core Training Module 6 (Informed Consent) Registration
OHSP Monthly Seminar Series:
OHSP seminars are held from 12:00-1:00pm in the Helen Wood Hall Auditorium (1W-304).
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016
- Standard Operating Procedures
Adolph Auditorium (1-7619 in Medical Center)
Human Subjects Training
Education & Training
- Education & Training Opportunities
- Supplemental Training
- Professional Certification
- Listserv Signup
- OHSP Library
- Additional Resources
- Investigator & Coordinator
- Board Member
- Department Reviewer
- Ancillary Committee
- Quick Reference Materials