Below we have organized important and timely information related to advising students using UR Student for Fall 2020 registration. Additional support information such as; FAQs, NetID Duo and Help Assistant instructions and other tools are provided on our UR Student service and support site.
Need Help? Submit a support ticket
Undergraduate advisor references are listed below.
- Stay Up to Date: View the Onboarding, Advising and Registration Calendar for Fall 2020 for important dates
- Viewing Advisees in UR Student:
- Log in: to UR Student
- Click on the My Advisees dashboard icon on your UR Student home screen:
- Click through the tabs to see the different reports and helpful links. Video (QRV)
- Click on the blue student name inside your reports to view your advisees academic record. Video (QRV)
You can also type “Find Students” into the UR Student search bar and you will be able to search for students by name (legal name or preferred name) or URID number.
- Viewing Advisees “Support Network”: Video (QRV)
Students can be connected to many types of advisors in UR Student (e.g., program advisors, program coordinators, special population advisors, coaches, applied music teachers, etc.) so viewing a student Support Network will let you know who else your advisees are connected to
- Holds (AS&E Undergraduate Advisors Only): Now add or remove advising holds in UR Student for Fall 2020
- New Subject Codes (AS&E Only): Crosswalk
For some Arts and Sciences academic departments, the subject code has switched from a three-letter to four-letter code
- Create Advising Notes:
- Find Course Sections: UR Student report, or Card (QRC)
- How to Change Your Name in UR Student: Card (QRC)
What are students being told about how to use UR Student for Fall 2020 registration?
- The UR Student Experience with Student Finance
- Navigating UR Student with Student Finance
- How to find a course section Card QRC
- How to complete the required onboarding Card (QRC) | Undergraduate Student Portal
- How to create a saved schedule in UR Student in advance of registration for a smoother registration experience when registration opens Card (QRC) | Video (QRV) | Undergraduate Student Portal
- How to register from a saved schedule Card (QRC) | Undergraduate Student Portal
- How to register for a course during open registration Card (QRC) | Graduate Student Portal
- How to troubleshoot registering for courses Card (QRC) | Video (QRV) | Undergraduate Student Portal
- How to request permission to register for a course that requires the instructor’s permission Card (QRC) | Video (QRV)
- How to drop and swap a course section Card (QRC)
- How to view holds Card (QRC) | Video (QRV)
- How to view advisors Card (QRC) | Video (QRV)
- Student Centered UR Student – Slides
- View these slides for tips that show students how to engage with UR Student to view their student profile, use their Academic dashboard, complete onboarding, save schedules, register for courses, request instructor permission, and drop and swap courses in their schedule.
Student Finance (student statement and online bill pay)
- How to add a third party delegate Card (QRC) | Video (QRV)
- How to setup payment elections & ACH refund selections Card (QRC)
- How to view a bill, view financial aid and pay a bill Card (QRC)
- How to view and print the 1098T form Card (QRC)
Advisor and Faculty Advisor Resources:
More educational tools and resources are available: