Graduate Studies Postdoctoral Association
Steadman Family Postdoctoral Associate Prize in Interdisciplinary Research
The Steadman Family Postdoctoral Associate Prize in Interdisciplinary Research provides a monetary award towards recognizing outstanding Postdoctoral Appointees at the University of Rochester whose research exemplifies the importance of cross-discipline approaches toward examining high impact questions of science.
Applications are invited from all UR SMD and ASE Postdoctoral Appointees.
The award levels are:
- Judges 1st Place - $1,000
- Judges 2nd Place - $750
- Judges 3rd Place - $500
- Audience Choice - $250
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered:
- Current postdoctoral status at the University of Rochester at the time of application.
- Field of study bridges at least 2 areas of these 5 disciplines:
Humanities, Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Medicine
To apply, the following must be submitted by
Monday, September 17th, 2018:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Two-page, single spaced summary of how your research crosses disciplinary boundaries including implications for science and future objectives. This summary must be written for a general, non-scientifically trained audience.
To submit your application, please email your CV and Research Summary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed by the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinary scope of the research.
- Implications for scientific advancement.
- Ability to communicate research effectively to a non-scientifically trained audience.
- All applications received on or by September 17th will be reviewed by the AS&E Dean of Graduate Studies nomination committee.
- Applicants will be notified if they have been selected to compete as finalists at the Steadman Family Award Event during Meliora Weekend.
- Finalist presentations will be held Friday, October 5th, 2018 from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm in Goergen Hall, Room 101 (Sloan Auditorium).
- Attendance at the October 5th Steadman Family Award Event is required to compete.
Steadman Family Award Event Finalist Information:
- Finalists will present their research in a 5-minute oral demonstration, using a single, static slide as a visual aid to the panel of judges.
- Finalists will be judged on several criteria, with emphasis on the research’s potential for innovation, broad impact to interdisciplinary fields of study and presentation ability.
- Finalists will have the opportunity to have a pre-award consultation to improve their presentation with Language and Communication Consultant, Ellen Zuroski.
- Winners will be announced at the award reception immediately following.
Please direct any questions and/or email your application to AS&E Director of Graduate Studies, Janice Van Opdorp @ email@example.com
- Events Calendars
- Event Photos
- Postdoc Appreciation Week
- Former Members
- Steadman Family Postdoctoral Associate Prize in Interdisciplinary Research