The University of Rochester is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (www.msche.org), the New York State Board of Regents, and the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs. Programs within the University's Schools and Colleges are accredited by the following agencies:
- ABET (www.abet.org)
- American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc., Accreditation Commission
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Council on Education for Public Health
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- American Academy of Microbiology
- American Chemical Society
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
For additional information about our accreditations and recognitions, please visit www.rochester.edu/provost/accreditation/.
Consortium On Financing Higher Education (COFHE)
Rochester is one of the 35 members of this association of the nation's top private colleges and universities.
Association of American Universities (AAU)
Rochester is one of 62 members of this prestigious organization of the leading public and private research and graduate institutions in the United States and Canada.