The University of Rochester is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the New York State Board of Regents, the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs, Inc., and the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
Programs within the University's Schools and Colleges are accredited by the following agencies:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- American Chemical Society
- American College of Microbiology
- American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc., Accreditation Commission
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Council on Education for Public Health
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
For additional information about our accreditations and recognitions, please visit the provost's accreditation page.
Consortium On Financing Higher Education (COFHE)
Rochester is one of the 35 members of this association of the nation's top private colleges and universities.
Association of American Universities (AAU)
Rochester is one of 62 members of this prestigious organization of the leading public and private research and graduate institutions in the United States and Canada.