If you need help with developing accessible websites, designing accessible digital resources, or purchasing accessible digital products, our Digital Accessibility team is available to assist you.
To request help, submit this form or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Digital Accessibility team helps the University community learn how to do digital accessibility. This ensures that the University’s digital content and technology are accessible to everyone—including those with disabilities.
Here are the things we do:
Education and collaboration
- Educate our community on the benefits of digital accessibility and foster support for accessibility throughout the organization.
- Provide accessibility consulting.
- Create accessibility support networks and promote collaboration.
- Develop, procure, and maintain digital accessibility learning resources for content creators, developers, designers, faculty, procurement, and other roles.
- Incorporate new accessibility knowledge and best practices into the University’s processes.
Tools and analysis
- Collect and report metrics to measure the accessibility progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct accessibility audits of digital products and share the results with digital teams.
- Select testing and other accessibility tools for digital teams.
- Manage the University of Rochester Digital Accessibility Policy.
- Create and maintain the University’s accessibility standards based on industry guidelines.