Future Faculty Workshop
Designed collaboratively by faculty from each of the University six schools, the Future Faculty Workshop aims to prepare the next generation of faculty, and to give our graduates a competitive edge in the academic marketplace. Workshop sessions offer information and hands-on experience with faculty life not traditionally part of graduate curriculums, including academic career paths and multiple aspects of the teaching enterprise.
— Future Faculty Workshop 2012-2013 —
The Versatile PhD is a web-based resource that helps graduate students identify and prepare for possible non-academic careers. It includes:
- A thriving, supportive web-based community where students can participate in discussions, network with PhDs and ABDs outside the academy, or just listen and learn by osmosis.
- Examples of successful resumes and cover letters that resulted in real PhDs and ABDs getting their first post-academic positions (humanities and social science only).
- A collection of compelling first-person narratives written by successful “Versatile PhDs” outside the academy, describing how their careers have developed after grad school and where they are today (humanities and social science only).
- Archived panel discussions in which PhDs and ABDs working in specific PhD-friendly fields describe their jobs and answer questions.
- A new STEM Forum where STEM students can discuss their own non-academic career options and issues.
Open to the University Community