Student Fellowships Office
Welcome to the Fellowships Office!
We support UR students with excellent academic records in applying for a wide range of prestigious, nationally competitive fellowships, scholarships, and awards. If you want to pursue one of the many merit-based awards for undergraduate or graduate study, here in the U.S. or abroad, the Fellowships Office is here to help you. Some programs include a service and/or leadership focus in addition to the academic criteria. Recent college graduates and graduate students may also compete for selected awards.
Getting Started on Your Fellowships Quest
Join us for an Information Session. Click here for a list of all information sessions, including Fulbright!
After attending a fellowships information session and/or reviewing award program websites, send an up-to-date résumé to the Fellowships Office and plan to come meet with Director of Fellowships, Belinda Redden, to discuss your profile and opportunities for which you might be a good match.
If you do not have a résumé, please complete the Prospective Fellowships Applicant Form and send by e-mail to the Fellowships Office at email@example.com. See contact information for walk-in hours and appointment details. We look forward to hearing from you!
NB: It is not necessary to complete the Fellowships Preliminary Questionnaire (FPQ) until you are fairly certain you want to pursue specific competitive opportunities that require formal UR endorsement or want to work intensively with the Director of Fellowships on other highly selective open-competition awards.
Aaron Cravens '14
Benjamin Goulet '14
Alexander Turpin '13E (Russian), declined
Sarah Walters '13
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
Claire E. Crowther ’13
Teaching Assistantship Program in France
(French Ministry of Education)
Congratulations to Rochester's National Fellowships Winners, Finalists and Honorable Mentions!
- Lili Sarayrah '14E (Applied Music - Violin) Jordan
- Gabrielle Cornish '13 (Russian Studies / Music) Russia
* Madeleine Klingler '13 (Russian) Alternate, Russia
- Katie Bredbenner '13 (Molecular Genetics / Philosophy) Goettingen
- Amanda Chen '14 (Biomedical Engineering) Bremen
- Justin Roncaioli '13 (Molecular Genetics; minor: Psychology), declined
- Maria Guano Zapata '14 (Chemical Engineering) Forschungszentrum Julich
Emerson National Hunger Fellows Program
2012-13 Fulbright Scholars
- Sorcha Dundas '12 (Anthropology) Nepal
- Orlando Harris (School of Nursing doctoral student) Jamaica
- David Liebers '09 (History / Ecology & Evolutionary Biology) Poland
- Adam Russak '14 (Math; minor: Classical Civilization) Durham, United Kingdom
* Daniel Gorman, Jr. '14 (History / Religion), Finalist
2012 Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship Finalist
- Scott Barenfeld '12 (Physics & Astronomy; minor: Math) Berlin
- David Kaphan '12 (Chemistry)
- Sharese King '12 (Linguistics; minor: American Sign Language)
- Mark Levin '12 (Chemistry; minor: Math)
- Susan Pratt '12 (Math / Physics)
- Emilia Sola Gracia '12 (Ecology & Evolutionary Biology)
- Chad Hunter '12 (Chemical Engineering)
- Matej Penciak '12 (Physics / Math)
- Benjamin Snyder '12 (Chemistry / Math)
2012 Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship Finalist
- Zachary Palomo '13 (International Relations / Russian)
2012 Public Policy & International Affairs Fellow
2012-13 Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholar
- Maya Dukmasova '12/T5 (Religion / Philosophy; minor: French) University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
2012 Harry S. Truman Scholarship Finalist
- Rohini Bhatia '13 (Epidemiology)
2012-13 Whitaker International Fellows
- Douglas Clift '12 (Biomedical Engineering) Spain
- Kelli Summers ’11 (Biomedical Engineering; minor: Studio Arts) Austria
- Catherine Marando '12 (Biomedical Engineering; minor: Economics / Chemical Engineering) United Kingdom