Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Billing and Payment

How do I pay for summer courses?

Payment for courses is due in full at the time of registration. Payments can be made via UR ePay until May 13, 2018 at 5 p.m. Payments can also be made at the Bursar’s office. Many international students find it is easiest to pay via wire transfer.  Wire transfer instructions are found on Blackboard under the MY ACCOUNTS tab.

If registering on a paper registration form, you must first pay for the course at the Bursar’s office.  The Bursar’s office will then stamp your registration form. Your form must be stamped before taking it to the College Center for Advising Services, 312 Lattimore Hall.

Please note: Payments can only be be made via wire transfer, check, or money order made out to the University of Rochester.

Am I eligible to receive financial aid for summer sessions?

Current Undergraduate Students

Loans are the primary type of aid available to help pay for summer classes. Students can choose to borrow either a federal loan or a private student loan, while a parent may borrow a federal Parent PLUS loan. 

In order to be eligible for a federal student or parent loan, a student must:

  • Be enrolled for at least six credit hours over the course of the summer
  • Have completed all application requirements to be considered for federal aid
  • Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program

Students must not have used their full federal loan eligibility during the academic year and have eligibility still available in order to use a federal student loan. For example, juniors are eligible to receive a maximum of $7,500 between their subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans during the fall and spring semesters. If they only use $5,500 during the academic year, they will still have $2,000 in federal loan eligibility that they could use during the summer semester.

For more information, visit the financial aid site

Visiting Students

Financial aid is available to non-matriculated students during the summer session through the process of applying and being approved for a private student loan at a secure lender of your choice. There are lenders that offer education loan products for non-matriculated students. For more information, contact the Financial Aid office at (585) 275-3226 or visit their website.


To determine what, if any, tuition benefits you are eligible for, please visit the Office of Human Resources website. The Tuition Benefit Waiver is available for download online. Please read the information carefully. Fill out the form and have your supervisor sign it, and include it with the regular University Registration and Financial Statement form, also available on our website.

In all instances, tuition benefits are contingent upon successful completion of the course and continuation of eligibility for tuition benefits based on employment status with the University. If these criteria are not met, the employee will be responsible for payment of the course and any related fees, i.e., late fees. 

The approved waiver is only for the courses listed. Any change in courses listed (add/drop/withdraw), will result in the employee being responsible for payment of the course as stated in the University Bursar’s Office Refund Schedule.