Here at Rochester, we encourage our students to enhance their education by taking advantage of unique academic and professional opportunities. The College is proud to support undergraduate student attendance and participation in activities that will further their goals, and deepen their impact on campus. Please see the links below for more information regarding available supplemental funds.
- College Supplemental Fund Application
These funds are intended to support experiences that will enrich a student’s understanding of a discipline or professional field. Activities may include, but are not limited to, attending conferences and competitions, conducting research, leading local service projects, participating in professional development seminars, and representing the College at external academic or community events. See the College Supplemental Fund Application page for more information.
- Open: Rolling
- Deadline: Rolling
- Discover Grant
These funds support summer undergraduate research experiences.
Visit the Discover Grant proposal page to learn more.
- Open: March 1
- Deadline: December 10
- Undergraduate Summer Internship Funding
These funds support student internship experiences.
Visit the the internships funding page to learn more.
- Open: March 1
- Deadline: April 12
In addition to general personal and academic information, the following is required for most funding opportunities. Additional information may be required depending on the specific grant.
- UR Student ID Number
- Overview of the activity
- Supervisor or Primary Advisor (if applicable)
- Activity logistics, including travel plans
- Description of the Post-Activity Plan (How will this impact the College?)
- Itemized budget
Applications must be received at least one month in advance of the activity in order to allow for review by the appropriate departments. It is recommended that students apply for supplemental funding 2-3 months in advance if traveling internationally.
For questions regarding travel to high-risk destinations, please contact the Manager for International Travel and Security, Alan Ryon, in the Office for Global Engagement at (585) 857-1168, or by emailing email@example.com.
For questions regarding the application or review process, email the fund administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the College Dean’s Office at (585) 273-5000.
For questions regarding travel to high-risk destinations, contact the manager for international travel and security, Alan Ryon, in the Office for Global Engagement at (585) 857-1168, or email@example.com.
- Undergraduate students interested in College Supplemental Funding must complete the College Supplemental Fund Application.
- Undergraduate students interested in applying specifically for funding for a summer internship or summer research must complete the Summer Funding General Application, as well as the corresponding secondary applications.
- See Discover Grant and Undergraduate Summer Internship Funding sections on this page.
- Any request that includes international travel must be registered with the University prior to departure. Note: If you plan to travel to a high-risk area that is currently under a Travel Warning, funds will not be disbursed until you have received approval from the Travel Review Committee.
Please note, the application will timeout after 15 minutes. Please save a draft or submit your application within the time period. Thank you
If you cannot access the application because of a NetID error message please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org