Recycling - What, How and Where
How to recycle:
- Plastic, Metal, and Glass
- Paper & Cardboard
- Ink Jet and Toner Cartridges
- Fluorescent Lamps, Used Oil, Solvent Waste Distillation
- Athletic Shoes
- Document Shredding
- Name Plates
- Scrap Metal, Construction Material, Office Furniture, Plastic or Metal Drums and Buckets, or Other
Where to recycle
- Monroe County: Recycling Laws and Regulations
- Monroe County: Residential Recycling
- Green Dandelion blog
For more information about recycling at the University of Rochester, contact: Amy Kadrie
Download and print these posters for your classroom, conference room, breakroom, or office.
Public Space Recycling Poster
download this poster (.pdf)
The University has a goal of 0% contamination!
Contamination is when non-recyclable material is placed in the recycle bins. This includes recyclable items that are not clean and empty of food and liquid waste. Unfortunately, the material in contaminated recycle bins could end up in the landfill. Please do your part to minimize contamination. Download and email or print and post these signs.