Plastic, Metal, and Glass
ALL CONTAINERS MUST BE CLEAN AND EMPTY, WITH CAPS REATTACHED. Labels are acceptable.
You can recycle most clean containers, including:
- Bottles: beverage, soap, squeeze bottles, and spray bottles (reattach caps, pumps, and lids)
- Jugs: milk, laundry detergent, etc. (reattach caps)
- Jars: peanut butter, mayonnaise, sauce, etc. (reattach lids)
- Tubs: dairy products like sour cream, margarine, yogurt etc. (reattach lids)
- Gable Top (Milk and Juice) Cartons and Drink/Soup Boxes: remove and throw away plastic straws; reattach caps for recycling.
- NO plastic bags, foam egg cartons, single-use plastics (coffee pods, straws, utensils, cups) or prescription bottles
Acceptable clean metal items include:
- Metal Food and Beverage Cans: lids are accepted.
- License Plates: defaced
- Metal Pots, Pans and Aluminum Foil/Foilware
- EMPTY Aerosol Cans: with caps. NO pesticides or spray paints.
Acceptable clean glass:
- Glass Food and Beverage Bottles, Jugs and Jars: reattach and recycle lids and caps. No drinking glasses, window glass, pyrex, light bulbs, etc.
Download and print these posters for your classroom, conference room, breakroom, or office.
Public Space Recycling Poster
download this poster (.pdf)