Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Information

Special Information for Employees

Benefits Eligibility for University of ROchester Employees

To determine what, if any, tuition benefits you are eligible for, please visit the Office of Human Resources website.

What forms do I need?

The Tuition Benefit Waiver is available for download online. Please read the information carefully. Fill out the form and have your supervisor sign it, and include it with the regular University Registration and Financial Statement form, also available on our website.

If I decide this course isn't for me, do I simply stop attending?

You have the option to drop or withdraw from your course by completing the appropriate form with the College Center for Academic Support in Lattimore 312. Please be aware of the dates and deadlines associated with these actions. They are specified on the College calendar. Also, it is important that you are fully aware of the conditions that accompany your tuition benefit waiver. Specifically:

In all instances, tuition benefits are contingent upon successful completion of the course and continuation of eligibility for tuition benefits based on employment status with the University. If these criteria are not met, the employee will be responsible for payment of the course and any related fees, i.e., late fees. The approved waiver is only for the courses listed. Any change in courses listed (add/drop/withdrawal), will result in the employee being responsible for payment of the course as stated in the University Bursar’s Office Refund Schedule.

These are spelled out on the first page of the Tuition Benefit Waiver. The University Bursar’s Office Refund Schedule is available for download here.

Who do I contact for more information?

Non-degree seeking students who wish to take classes:

Office of Summer Programs and Part-time Studies, (585) 275-2345

Please note: No more than six courses (24 credit hours) may be transferred to a University of Rochester degree program by students whose first experience at the University of Rochester is as a non-matriculated student.

Students wishing to enroll in an undergraduate degree program: 

Office of Admissions, (585) 275-3221

Students who wish to enroll in a graduate degree program:

Graduate Studies, (585) 275-4153

Undergraduate students who have been dismissed for academic reasons:

College Center for Advising Services, (585) 275-2354

High School students:

Pre-College Programs, (585) 275-3221