Goldwater Campus Timeline
2018-19 UR Campus Nomination Timeline
Please be advised that before we nominate you or endorse your candidacy for a fellowship competition, we will perform a conduct and academic honesty check to confirm that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing; a waiver that allows us to do so is part of the FPQ (available below).
- Monday, September 10: Fellowships Preliminary Questionnaire (FPQ) due. This campus questionnaire is a mandatory part of the internal vetting process, along with the GoldwaterStudent Profile and Pre-App (see Steps in Application Process).
- Monday, October 9: Draft of the Goldwater online application and research essay due for initial feedback. The essay may be up to three pages, single or double spaced, in either Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font with 1-inch margins all around. Call office to schedule consultation. Allow at least three business days between submission of draft application and appointment date. It is imperative that applicants solicit critical feedback on the essay from an appropriate faculty/research mentor.
- Monday, December 3, 5pm EST: Revised draft of Goldwater application due for presentation to campus review committee.
- Monday, December 17: Goldwater recommendation letters due for campus nomination. For internal selection process, signed reference letters should be submitted on letterhead with a current date to the secure File Request folder on Dropbox. Letters are to be submitted in .pdf format only. Letters may be up to three pages, single or double spaced, in either Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font with 1-inch margins all around. Recommendation letter files should be named according to this format: Student Last Name_Fellowship Name Rec_Recommender Last Name (e.g., Smith_Goldwater Rec_Jones)
- Early January: Goldwater Campus Nomination Committee meets to select nominees.
***FOR NOMINEES ONLY***
- Tuesday, January 22, 12pm EST: Complete, final, revised Goldwater Scholarship APPLICATION and RESEARCH ESSAY due online for nominees.
Official UR electronic TRANSCRIPT and any required non-UR transcripts must be received by this date. Make sure your spring program is reflected accurately on your transcript and that there are no missing fall grades before requesting your UR transcript.
Non-UR Transcripts (if required):External transcripts should be sent directly to the Fellowships Office from the outside institution, either as a digital document to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hardcopy to:
University of Rochester
PO Box 278977
Rochester, NY 14627
Final, revised (if necessary) Goldwater recommendation LETTERS to be re-submitted to the secure File Request folder on Dropbox for uploading to Goldwater online application system. Recommendation letter files should be named according to this format: Student Last Name_Fellowship Name Rec_Recommender Last Name (e.g., Smith_Goldwater Rec_Jones)
If applicable, documentation regarding PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS is also due at this time.
*** Prospective candidates may come to the Fellowships Office (at any time; appointment not necessary) to review the collection of research essays submitted by previous UR Goldwater Scholarship nominees & winners. ***