Skip to content

Forms and Resources


Printable forms, due dates, and other information for the following plans (please note that you must complete a new form every YEAR):


Families filing a U.S. tax return may be eligible for educational tax credits when claiming their student as a dependent. In accordance with IRS regulations, 1098-T forms will be issued no later than January 31st.

The University of Rochester is required to request your correct identifying number to file a Form 1098-T, tuition statement, with the IRS and to furnish a statement to you. This identifying number will be your Social Security Number (SSN) or, if you are not eligible to obtain an SSN, your individual taxpayer identification number (TIN).

If you need to update or provide the University with your SSN or TIN please complete the form below and return it to the Bursar’s Office no later than December 1stDo not scan or email this document as it contains personally identifiable information.

Form 1098-T is required to claim education tax benefits for the tuition expense for higher education (such as the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit or the American Opportunity Tax Credit). In most cases, nonresident aliens are not eligible to claim these credits. If you are a nonresident alien, do not have an SSN or ITIN, and do not intend to file a U.S. tax return claiming an education tax benefit then you may complete Part III or choose to disregard this request.

1098-T Frequently Asked Questions

How can I view/print my 1098-T in UR Student?

Once the 1098-T forms have been issued for the calendar year, students can view/print their 1098-T tuition tax statement in UR student by typing “1098-T” in the search bar, selecting “view” or “print” and following the instructions provided.  They can also refer to this Quick Reference Card.  Please note that only students can access this information and can choose to share it with a parent, guardian or other third party as they deem appropriate.

Does every student get a Form 1098-T?

Return to the top of the page