Alumni often look to their alma mater for information and support throughout their professional careers and beyond. Our wide range of programs and resources offers information for people in all stages of professional and personal development. Take complete advantage of a variety of electronic and in-person tools to navigate your professional path. From new graduates, to retirees, to those considering a new position, or rethinking their career path entirely, leveraging the University of Rochester network to its fullest potential is the best place to start.
VIRTUAL EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
From leveraging the power of LinkedIn to improving networking, interview, and resume skills, or connecting with an executive search expert at our virtual Headhunter on Tap sessions, our collection of Career Conversations and other virtual events will help you and your career become “ever better.”
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT BY HEADHUNTER ON TAP
THE MELIORA COLLECTIVE
This innovative online platform empowers members of the University of Rochester community to pursue professional and personal growth. Designed to help you make meaningful connections with those in your field, your region, and with individuals who have similar interests and experiences, this vibrant virtual community features advanced tools––including a job board and dozens of groups––to get the conversation started. Watch this video or read our downloadable PDF to learn more.
University-Wide Mentorship Program
This University-wide program allows mentors to help alumni and student mentees with their professional development. Mentors provide real-world context, personal insights, and ongoing support to help achieve short and long-term goals over three months. The program runs twice annually; Fall: October-December and Spring; February-April.
Groups are just one way to find connections from the same academic area, a shared background, identity or industry-based interests, or to learn from experts in a focused subject area. With dozens to choose from, it’s easy to find one for you.
FIND A COACH
We are proud to partner with alumni from around the country who serve as independent career and life coaches. Whether you’re seeking a new job, looking for advice in your current role, or preparing for a performance review, a career coach can help in every phase of your career. Life coaches are also available to improve your relationships and day-to-day life by helping you make the most of your unique strengths. All of our pre-approved coaches have agreed to provide special offers or services to Rochester alumni. Find one that’s right for you—several have industry, identity, or wellness-based specialties.
ALUMNI ONLINE BUSINESS DIRECTORY
University of Rochester alumni are everywhere—across the United States and around the world—working in many different industries and sectors, providing a wide range of services and resources. Strengthen the network and use the directory to promote your business or find a UR alumni connected business.
CAREERS UNFILTERED PODCAST
Every career journey is different, and learning from the experiences of others can help you navigate your own professional path. With the Careers Unfiltered podcast, enjoy candid conversations and fresh takes on all-things career-related with University of Rochester students, staff, and alumni.
Even after graduation, Rochester alumni still have access to the various tools and services provided by the Gwen M. Greene Center for Career Education and Connections and school-based career centers. Visit the links below to learn more about the resources available to you.
- Gwen M. Greene Center for Career Education and Connections
- Recruitment Support:
- Post internship and full-time opportunities on Handshake.
- Transition to virtual internships. Contact the Greene Center to learn more and discuss what makes sense for your organization’s needs.
- Consider a “micro-internship.” Unlike traditional internships, micro-internships can take place year-round, with flexible hours and terms based on specific projects. The Greene Center is currently working with two organizations that specialize in this field: Parker Dewey and ProMazo.
- Simon Business School Jay S. and Jeanne Benet Career Management Center
- Warner School of Education Career Center
- School of Medicine and Dentistry Center for Professional Development
- Institute for Music Leadership at Eastman School of Music
The University of Rochester's Alumni LinkedIn Group is a great resource for career networking and discussions. With tens of thousands of members, this group can connect you with Rochester alumni worldwide.
Official University of Rochester LinkedIn groups:
- University of Rochester
- Eastman School of Music Alumni
- Eastman Institute for Oral Health
- University of Rochester Alumni
- University of Rochester New York Metro Women
- University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry Alumni
- University of Rochester Warner School of Education Alumni
- University of Rochester School of Nursing Alumni
- University of Rochester School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Alumni
- University of Rochester Society for Women in Engineering Alumni
- University of Rochester Alumni: Washington, D.C. Legal Professionals
For more information on career programs and networking events, contact Michelle Cavalcanti, associate director of alumni relations at email@example.com.
Michelle Cavalcanti was named associate director, career and professional affinity programs in June 2017. She has returned to Rochester after many years of working on large and small alumni programs for the Africa Center for Strategic Studies in Washington, D.C. and Colby College in Waterville, Maine. Michelle is focused on expanding the professional development resources for all alumni and assisting alumni in connecting to opportunities that can help them achieve their professional goals.