Select funding opportunities to support students taking part in undergraduate research are offered through our office and through external fellowships and awards. Use the side menu or links below to navigate
- Internal funding opportunities: funding, grants, and scholarships for students taking part in supervised undergraduate research offered through the Office of Undergraduate Research or individual campus departments. Available to University of Rochester students only.
- External funding opportunities: funding opportunities from outside of the University of Rochester.
If you are in search of a paid research position, use the links below to help begin your search:
- JobLink - University of Rochester's on-campus student employment job board
- Handshake - internships and networking/connections on- and off-campus, though not all postings may be paid opportunities
- Summer research page - searchable databases and selected links for competitive, structured research opportunities
- Department of History HOUR program - apply to assist members of the history faculty who would like help on their research projects. Compensation can be an hourly assistantship wage or credit for HIS 395.
Undergraduate research may be done without funding as an unpaid intern or for academic credit. See our "Ways to Participate" page for more information about the rules and registration guidelines surrounding unpaid research positions.