"... to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects at the
University of Rochester. To accomplish this, we review, approve the initiation of,
and conduct periodic review of research involving human subjects."
"To assist researchers in protecting the rights, welfare and safety of human subjects by providing educational opportunities and resources..."
Research Quality Improvement
- To assure the rights and well-being of human subjects participating in research are protected
- To educate researchers about how to improve study conduct
- To provide resources to the Research Community
Change of Principal Investigator
The amendment process for a change in study responsibility from one investigator to another usually requires the following information to be submitted to WIRB®.
- A letter stating that there will be a change in study responsibility. The new principal investigator should be named.
- A letter or fax from the sponsor indicating acknowledgment and approval of this change in responsibility.
- A completed WIRB Research Review Submission Form
- A letter accepting responsibility for the study
- A revised FDA Form 1572 [Statement of Investigator] (if applicable)
- A copy of the new investigator's Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the new investigator's current medical license
- Who's My IRB Coordinator
- Policies & Guidelines
- OHSP Help
- Protocol Templates
- Consent Form Templates
- Fee Structure
- Request for IRB Membership