2009-10 Financial Statement Highlights
Sponsored Research and Gifts
- During 2009-10 sponsored program activity across the University increased from $377 million to $393 million.
- Expenditures for the School of Medicine and Dentistry increased 8.3% or $20 million to $260 million.
- Arts, Sciences and Engineering expenditures (excluding the Laboratory for Laser Energetics) increased 1.4% over prior year to $57.3 million.
- External funding for the Laboratory for Laser Energetics decreased 11.2% compared to the prior year from $63 million to $56 million. Fiscal year 2009 expenditures included costs related to the Omega EP project which was completed last year.
- During 2009-10, gift receipts increased $6.6 million to $75.0 million, up 9.7%