Sponsored Research and Gifts
- During 2012-13 sponsored program activity across the University decreased 2.1% from $383 million to $375 million.
- Expenditures for the School of Medicine and Dentistry decreased 4.1% or $9.6 million to $227.5 million due to the completion of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) awards and lover funding levels for NIH renewals and awards.
- Arts, Sciences and Engineering expenditures (excluding the Laboratory for Laser Energetics) remained relatively flat at $57.5 million.
- External funding for the Laboratory for Laser Energetics decreased 2.7% to $67.8 million.
- During 2012-13, gift (cash) receipts increased $3.1 million to $96 million, up 3.4%.