The Meliora Vision and Values Grant is an initiative of the College coordinated by the Office of the Dean of Students and the Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center. Beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year, one of the six values will be highlighted annually.
For more information about the Meliora Vision and Values Grant and/or for requests for use of the logo for events or programs, please email Dr. Jessica Guzman-Rea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-2022: Year of Integrity
We define integrity as as conducting ourselves with honesty, dedication, and fairness.
Students are invited to apply for a mini grant to develop a program or activity that exemplifies the spirit and purpose of leadership to our community. Grants will be awarded in the amount of $200. Grant proposals will be reviewed by members of the selection committee, which is chaired by Dr. Jessica Guzman-Rea, director of the Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center.
All funding proposals should include:
- How your proposal relates to this year's Meliora Value including:
- How the proposed program enhances and/or promotes integrity within the University of Rochester community
- Who the program will impact
- How the participants will engage in the program and understand integrity
- Lasting effects of the program
- What the campus community will gain from participation
- Your budget including logistics like quotes from suppliers, catering costs, a/v equipment, printing and other resources
- Any co-sponsorships with student organizations or academic departments
- Include a brief overview of any similar previous programs, including attendance, impact your program had on participants, and any feedback
Person submitting the application must be a student enrolled in the College.
Student groups may be eligible for funding to attend a conference and/or alternative spring break, but this is not the primary purpose of this fund. The same student group may only receive this funding once every other academic year.
Repeat program proposals are discouraged, unless they have been changed or modified from the previous year.
Special consideration is given to proposals that address this year’s Meliora Value and that actively promotes student engagement and participation.
Grant proposals should be submitted well in advance of your proposed event or program date to facilitate review and processing. Please review the deadlines below carefully to ensure that your proposal for grant-funding is received by the selection committee at least two weeks before your event.
Fall semester 2021:
- September 15
- October 15
- November 12
Spring Semester 2022:
- February 11
- March 18
- April 8
Please note: Not all proposals received will be awarded a Meliora Vision and Values grant.