The Office of the Dean of Students contributes to the mission of the College of Arts, Sciences and Engineering by providing policies and services that support and contribute to student learning and community development.
The College’s Communal Principles of fairness, freedom, honesty, inclusion, respect and responsibility are prevalent in all that we do. Learn more about the Communal Principles Project (CPP) and the Statement of Communal Principles.
Units under the Office of the Dean of Students include:
- Center for Student Conflict Management
- Fraternity and Sorority Affairs
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center
- M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence
- Parent and Family Relations
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership
- Wilson Commons Student Activities
These units help to address issues, plan programs, and make referrals with and for our students with a special emphasis on promoting understanding among diverse students, faculty, staff, and community members.