Thank you for your interest in graduate assistantship opportunities in Residential Life and the Office of the Dean of Students. Below you will find links to the position descriptions for all of the positions we anticipate being available for the 2017-2018 academic year. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to the common application for all positions and a separate link for the online recommendation form.
Applications will begin to be accepted on January 20th. The application deadline for first consideration is February 24th. Application review will begin on February 28th. This is the recommended date for online recommendation forms to be submitted. Applicants who are offered interviews (on-campus or Skype/phone) will be notified by March 8th. All interviews will be conducted on March 16th, 17th, 20th, and 23rd. Successful candidates will be notified of position offers by April 3rd. Acceptances will be due by April 15th (the universal graduate acceptance date).
Please direct any questions or inquires to GradAssistantSelection@UR.
APPLICATIONS still being accepted.
Available Positions for 2017-2018:
- Fraternity and Sorority Affairs- Expectations for Excellence
- Office of the Dean of Students - Student Organization Development
- Parent and Family Relations - Graduate Assistant
Positions with no anticipated vacancies for 2017-2018:
- Center for Student Conflict Management - CARE
- Center for Student Conflict Management - Conduct
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center- One Community Graduate Assistant
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center- Communal Principles Graduate Student
- Residential Life- Graduate Head Resident
- Residential Life- Graduate House Advisor
- Residential Life - Graduate and Family Housing
- Residential Life- Hill Court Graduate Assistant
- Residential Life - Leadership Assistant
- Residential Life - Off Campus Housing Program
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership- Community Engaged Leadership Graduate Assistant
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Involvement Graduate Assistant
- Wilson Commons Student Activities- Graduate Assistant
- Wilson Commons Student Activities - Spirit Coordinator
If you are an international student and have questions about work eligibility, please contact the International Services Office.