Sponsored Research and Gifts
- During 2013-14 sponsored program activity across the University decreased 8.2% from $375 million to $344 million.
- Expenditures for the School of Medicine and Dentistry decreased $19.1 million due largely to lower levels of NIH funding ($16.8 million).
- Expenditures in Arts, Sciences and Engineering (excluding the Laboratory for Laser Energetics) declined $4.7 million chiefly due to the close-out of large grants that have not yet been replaced.
- External funding for the Laboratory for Laser Energetics decreased $5.9 million due to the temporary reduction in federal funding under sequestration.
- During 2013-14, gift receipts (cash and in-kind) increased $29.9 million or 31.1% to $125.9 million.
SOURCE: University of Rochester gift reporting system. Data will not necessarily match those of the financial statements because of differences in reporting methods.