Skip to page content
Skip to page level navigation
As a potential corporate partner, are you interested in ...?
- ...incorporating entrepreneur-ready technologies and innovations into your company's existing intellectual property portfolio to enhance a product line or help launch a new one?
- UR Ventures has a rich portfolio of UR research achievements to share with you.
- ..co-sponsoring University research projects that could result in novel products for your company?
- The Center for Emerging & Innovative Sciences (CEIS) acts as a matchmaker. It identifies areas where the interests of University researchers intersect with industry corporate partners to establish mutually beneficial relationships, primarily in optics, photonics, and imaging. These partnerships support the regional cluster of companies in those industries, and in biomedical, energy, and electronics.
- The Center for Medical Technology and Innovation connects biomedical device companies with Medical Center faculty and engineering faculty and students to develop new lines of medical equipment and other products geared to the realities of a clinical setting.
- ... collaborating with University of Rochester faculty as part of a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant?
- Despite overall constraints on federal research spending, funding is scheduled to increase for the SBIR and STTR programs, which provide opportunities for small businesses to engage in federal research that might lead to commercialization. And chances of securing these grants increases when researchers from an institution like the University of Rochester are involved (and it is required in the case of the STTR).
- ...establishing a close relationship with faculty and students of the nation’s premier school of optics?
- Companies participating in The Industrial Associates program of The Institute of Optics help support the Institute’s research programs, and in return enjoy twice-yearly technical meetings, exclusive job-posting and student interview opportunities, and tuition-free seats at Institute summer school short-courses.
- ...gaining access to a state-of-the-art nanofabrication clean room and specialized tools?
- The University of Rochester Integrated Nanosystems Center (URnano) offers businesses access to a unique set of nanofabrication tools for lithography, deposition, etch and characterization to help translate research into viable, innovative solutions. Training is included. Contact the director of URnano, professor Nick Bigelow, for more information.
- ...finding out more about opportunities for research collaboration between your company and the University?
- The University’s Government and Academic Research Alliances provides a link between the private sector, government research agencies, other academic institutions and researchers at the UR. The best way to get a comprehensive look at the University of Rochester research strengths, in your particular areas of interest, is to have an initial disussion and schedule a site visit. ORA will work with you to develop a customized and productive agenda.
- ...collaborating with engineering students on senior design projects?
- The Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences welcomes opportunities for its students to work with companies on solving real-world challenges.