Skip to content

Student FAQ

All on-campus jobs are posted in JobLink. Students access JobLink from their Blackboard account.

Job are posted all year, including summer.

You can contact the University Payroll Office at (585) 275-2040 or

You can find out more from your financial aid counselor. You can also check your award amount in your JobLink profile.

Federal Work Study is not a lump sum grant. Federal Work Study is not money to be paid back like loans.

You are eligible to earn up to the dollar amount listed on your financial package over the course of the academic year. You are not guaranteed this money, nor are you required to earn it all. Work Study funds are received in bi-weekly paychecks based on the hourly wage and hours worked.

Yes, but all of the funds are split between jobs.

The University recommends undergraduates work no more than 20 hours per week during the academic year. There is no restriction for graduate students and work performed during the summer.

International students are only permitted to work 20 hours per week during the academic year. For more information on working as an international student, please contact ISO.

You can verify that you’ve completed the I-9 by checking your JobLink profile.

If you were hired on a stipend and completed an I-9, this may not show in JobLink. Contact us and we will research any issues.

  1. Students complete Part I on their own using Our employer code is 11968. Our employer location is 100000-Student Workers.
  2. Once you submit Part I, you’ll get a list of the documentation you must have to complete Part II.
  3. To complete Part II, schedule an appointment with the Human Resources Service Center (Brooks Landing).
  4. The documents must be original. No copies will be accepted.

International students do not need a social security number (SSN) to start working on campus.

Once a student is hired, they can apply for an SSN. Students should contact ISO with questions.

If you are an incoming first-year or transfer student, you will not have access to JobLink until two weeks before the semester begins.

If you have a change in status (leave of absence, late registration, non-matriculated) you will not have access to JobLink.

Please contact Student Employment if you believe your status is incorrect.

Return to the top of the page