Health Professions Advising
Centralized Application Services
Most health professions have a centralized application service (analogous to the common application for students applying for college admissions).
- AMCAS: American Medical College Application Service
- TMDSAS: Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service
- AADSAS: Association of American Dental Schools Application Service
- AACOMAS: Association of American Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service
- AACPMAS: Association of American Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service
- CASPA: Central Application Service for Physician Assistants
- PharmCAS: Pharmacy College Application Service
- VMCAS: Veterinary Medical College Application Service
Investigate your chosen profession and your specific schools. Not all health professions use a centralized application service and some individual schools within a chosen profession do not participate in some or all parts of their centralized application process. Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine, for example, does not use VMCAS but instead uses TMDSAS. Investigate each school you are applying to and determine how to apply to that school.