Intern with the Monroe County Democratic Committee
2017 Monroe County Democratic Committee Internship Program
Summary: As an organization, the Monroe County Democratic Committee exists to provide multiple levels of support to National, State, and local Democratic campaigns for public office. In addition, MCDC seeks to play a meaningful role in communities across Monroe County, and as such is active in many non-partisan efforts to better our community. Each year, we lean heavily on our staff of interns to uphold numerous responsibilities. Along with day-to-day tasks, our interns are able to take on roles specific to many of the different aspects of campaign work, ranging from voter targeting and outreach to fundraising, finance, and accounting.
- General Responsibilities
- Answer phones, communicate with constituents on numerous issues, and direct calls and walk-in requests accordingly.
- Assist with overall communications-social media, emails to volunteers, and more.
- Research info on town, city, and village laws and politics.
- Finance and Accounting Responsibilities
- Assist Director of Operations in the accounting and organization of all campaign donations and expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of mandated Campaign Finance Reports.
- Active in donor research, using various mediums to identify potential donors
- Assist in building, organizing, and maintaining donor databases.
- Voter Outreach and Field Operations responsibilities
- Assist the Political Associate in targeting potential voters by analyzing previous election data and current demographics.
- Input and manage important data gathered through direct contact with voters.
- Generate reports for various campaigns on the status of their Field Operations (Amount of doors knocked, amount of voters spoken to, etc.).
Anyone interested in an internship should contact Joseph Burgess at 585-232-2410 or Joseph@Monroedemocrats.com with a brief resume and a brief note indicating if you are more interested in (1) Voter Outreach and Field or (2) Finance and Accounting, and why.