Skip to main content

Advising Handbook


Normally, the parents of students receive copies of official correspondence such as letters of academic probation until the students reach the age of 21. Students may request that such mailings cease by filling out a statement of independence in the Academic Records Office; their parents will be notified of the students’ action. This statement of independence bears no formal relation to financial independence and has no effect on financial aid.