The University of Rochester’s academic advising program is a collaborative student-centered partnership among faculty and staff. The goal of academic advising is to assist undergraduates as they make the transition from high school to college and as they craft choices about their academic and personal plans.
Academic advisors and students work together to create a positive environment to support the exploration of ideas and interests, including:
- Developing educational and career goals
- Referring students to academic and program-specific resources
- Learning about the College environment, its policies and procedures
- Developing good decision-making skills as educational plans are created and assessed
- Choosing courses to explore the richness of the Rochester Curriculum and fulfill academic requirements
- Formally declaring a major by the end of the sophomore year
- Identifying campus resources and opportunities for enhancing the undergraduate experience
- Planning for graduation
Undergraduate students who have questions or feedback about their advising experiences at the University of Rochester are encouraged to contact Marcy Kraus (firstname.lastname@example.org).