Beinecke Scholarship Campus Nomination Timeline
2018-19 UR Campus Nomination Timeline
(This is a junior-year competition for a fellowship to support future graduate study in arts, humanities, or social science fields; must be expecting bachelor's degree between December 2019 and August 2020. Only U.S. citizens and nationals from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands may apply. Selection based on achievement and promise (minimum 3.7 GPA recommended), but candidates must also have a history of receiving need-based financial aid.
Please be advised that before we nominate you or endorse your candidacy for a fellowship competition, we will perform a conduct and academic honesty check to confirm that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing; a waiver that allows us to do so is part of the FPQ (see below).
- Monday, September 10: Fellowships Preliminary Questionnaire (FPQ) due. Questionnaire is required to be considered for nomination and must be submitted before the first draft of the Beinecke application and essay.
NB: After submission of the FPQ, students should schedule an appointment with the Director of Fellowships (Belinda Redden). Call 585-276-5869 or stop by Fellowships Office in Dewey 4-209B to make appointment.
- Monday, November 19, 12pm EST: Draft application and essay due for initial feedback. Submit via e-mail attachment to Fellowships Office.
- Tuesday, January 1, 12pm EST: Revised draft of complete Beinecke application, the Beinecke Financial Aid Form, and all three recommendation letters due for campus committee review.
Recommendation letter files should be named according to this format:
Student Last Name_Fellowship Name Rec_Recommender Last Name (e.g., Smith_Fulbright Rec_Jones).
Be sure to provide referees with Beinecke Scholarship Program overview and selection criteria, as well as the latest draft of your application essay.
- Mid-January: Beinecke Campus Nominating Committee meets to select nominee.
- Monday, February 11, 12pm EST: Complete, final, revised Beinecke Scholarship application and final recommendation letters due for nominee.
*** Prospective candidates may come to the Fellowships Office to review essays submitted by previous UR Beinecke Scholarship nominees & winners. ***