Beinecke Scholarship Campus Nomination Timeline
Please be advised that before we nominate you or endorse your candidacy for a fellowship competition, we will perform a conduct and academic honesty check to confirm that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing.
Below is the 2021-22 campus schedule for the Beinecke Scholarship.
This is a junior-year competition for a fellowship to support future graduate study in arts, humanities, or social science fields; undergraduates with one more year of full-time undergraduate study before receipt of bachelor's degree and who also meet other eligibility criteria may apply for nomination.
Applicants must plan to pursue a research- or creative-focused master's or doctoral program in arts, humanities, or social sciences and must be expecting to complete the bachelor's degree between December 2022 and August 2023.
Only US citizens and nationals from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands may apply.
Selection is based on demonstration of "superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement and personal promise"; (minimum 3.7 cumulative GPA recommended).
Candidates must also have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid, such as the Pell Grant, Rochester National Grants, or other UR, state or federally-funded need-based aid.
- Submit the Prospective Applicant Form and the Fellowships Preliminary Questionnaire (FPQ). FPQ is required to be considered for nomination and must be submitted before the first draft of the Beinecke application and essay.
- Already submitted an FPQ? If it has been more than one academic year since you completed your FPQ, please submit the FPQ Update.
- After submission, schedule a meeting with the director of fellowships.
November 15th, 12:00 PM EST:
- Submit initial draft of Beinecke application form, CV, and essay for feedback to our secure online student portal.
December 6th, 2:00 PM EST:
- Revised draft of Beinecke application materials is due.
January 14th, 2:00 PM EST:
- 2nd Revised draft of complete Beinecke application materials, and all three recommendation letters due for campus committee review. Official University of Rochester transcript NOT necessary at this time.
- Three recommendation letters due for campus committee review process. Please share this secure link with your recommenders. Submitted letters should be on letterhead, signed, dated, and saved as a .pdf file. Be sure to provide referees with Beinecke Scholarship overview and selection criteria. Recommendation letter files should be named according to this format: Student Last Name_Beinecke Rec_Recommender Last Name (e.g., Smith_Beinecke Rec_Jones).
- Beinecke Campus Nominating Committee meets to select nominee.
Schedule for Nominee
Sunday, February 6th, 2:00 PM EST: