Beinecke Scholarship Campus Nomination Timeline
Below is the 2020-21 campus schedule for the Beinecke Scholarship.
This is a junior-year competition for a fellowship to support future graduate study in arts, humanities, or social science fields; undergraduates with one more year of full-time undergraduate study before receipt of bachelor's degree are eligible.
Applicants must plan to pursue a research- or creative-focused master's or doctoral program in arts, humanities, or social sciences and must be expecting bachelor's degree between December 2021 and August 2022
Only US citizens and nationals from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands may apply.
Selection is based on demonstration of superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement and personal promise; (minimum 3.7 cumulative GPA recommended).
Candidates must also have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid.
Please be advised that before we nominate you or endorse your candidacy for a fellowship competition, we will perform a conduct and academic honesty check to confirm that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing.
- Submit the Prospective Applicant Form and the Fellowships Preliminary Questionnaire (FPQ). FPQ is required to be considered for nomination and must be submitted before the first draft of the Beinecke application and essay.
- After submission, schedule a meeting with the director of fellowships.
November 13, noon EST:
- Submit initial draft application form and essay for feedback to our secure online student portal.
January 13, noon EST:
- Revised draft of complete Beinecke application materials, the Beinecke Financial Aid Data Sheet, and all three recommendation letters due for campus committee review. Official University of Rochester transcript NOT necessary at this time.
- Three recommendation letters due for campus committee review process. Please share this secure link with your recommenders. Submitted letters should be on letterhead, signed, dated, and saved as a .pdf file. Be sure to provide referees with Beinecke Scholarship overview and selection criteria. Recommendation letter files should be named according to this format: Student Last Name_Beinecke Rec_Recommender Last Name (e.g., Smith_Beinecke Rec_Jones).
- Beinecke Campus Nominating Committee meets to select nominee.
Schedule for Nominees
February 7, 3 p.m. EST: