James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program Campus Timeline
Below is the campus timeline for the Gaither Junior Fellowship.
Please be advised that before we nominate you or endorse your candidacy for a fellowship competition, we will perform a conduct and academic honesty check to confirm that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing.
- Submit a Prospective Applicant Form. On this form, please indicate three individuals who would provide a letter of recommendation in support of your candidacy. Although the national application requires two references, we ask for three for our internal selection process.
- Upload a statement of interest through our secure online portal: In 300-400 words, discuss your interest in an international affairs career (e.g., motivation; specific area(s) of interest, such as region, issues; why you are a good fit for the Gaither Junior Fellows Program; which program area interests you most.). PDF preferred.
- After submission, schedule a meeting with the director of fellowships. Call (585) 276-5869 or stop by Fellowships Office in Dewey 4-209B to make appointment and receive the GJF application, which is only available through the Fellowships Office.
December 7 (deadline extended):
- Upload a complete CJF application (available from the Fellowships Office) through our secure online portal.
- Three recommendation letters due for campus committee review process. Please share this link with your recommenders. Submitted letters should be on letterhead, signed, dated, and saved as a .pdf file. Be sure to provide referees with the CJF overview and selection criteria. Recommendation letter files should be named according to this format: Student Last Name_Fellowship Name Rec_Recommender Last Name (e.g., Smith_GJF Rec_Jones).
Early to Mid-December: GJF Campus Nominating Committee meets to select nominee(s); the committee may elect to interview candidates as well.
January 12 (For Nominees Only): Complete, final, revised GJF application and final recommendation letters due at Fellowships Office for nominees.