James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program Timeline
Below is the campus timeline for the Gaither Junior Fellowship.
Please be advised that before we nominate you or endorse your candidacy for a fellowship competition, we will perform a conduct and academic honesty check to confirm that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing.
- Submit a Prospective Applicant Form. On this form, please indicate three individuals who would provide a letter of recommendation in support of your candidacy. Although the national application requires two references, we require three for our internal selection process.
- Upload a statement of interest through our secure online portal: In 300-400 words, discuss your interest in an international affairs career (e.g., motivation; specific area(s) of interest, such as region, issues; why you are a good fit for the Gaither Junior Fellows Program; which program area interests you most.). PDF preferred.
- After submission, schedule a meeting with the director of fellowships. Call (585) 276-5869 or stop by Fellowships Office in Dewey 4-209B to make appointment and receive the GJF application, which is only available through the Fellowships Office.
November 12th (extended to November 19th):
- Upload a draft of GJF application and essays (available from the Fellowships Office) through our secure online portal.
- Upload a revised GJF application (available from the Fellowships Office) through our secure online portal.
- Three recommendation letters due for campus committee review process. Please share this link with your recommenders. Submitted letters should be on letterhead, signed, dated, and saved as a .pdf file. Be sure to provide referees with the CJF overview and selection criteria. Recommendation letter files should be named according to this format: Student Last Name_Fellowship Name Rec_Recommender Last Name (e.g., Smith_GJF Rec_Jones).
Early to Mid-December: GJF Campus Nominating Committee meets to interview candidates and select nominee(s).
Tuesday, January 11th, 4:00pm ET (For Nominees Only): Complete, final, revised GJF application and final recommendation letters due for nominees.