Welcome To Orientation!
August 2017 Orientation
Welcome Class of 2021 and incoming Transfer students! Please note that the following move-in dates apply to both incoming first-year and transfer students.
International Student Arrival ONLY:
- August 21, 2017 starting at 9 a.m.
- International Parent sessions will be held on August 22, 2017
Domestic Student Arrival:
- August 23, 2017 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- August 23-24, 2017:
- Parent Orientation runs in the afternoon and evening of August 23.
- There are sessions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on August 24.
*Classes Begin: August 30, 2017
Going away to college is a big transition but have no fear! We have an amazing Orientation program that will help make the college transition much easier and more enjoyable. More information will be posted in the summer, but for now save the dates!
What is Orientation?
What a fantastic question! Encompassing a weeklong program organized by our incredible Orientation staff (stunning photo of the Orientation team below), incoming students will be introduced to each other, the campus, and the local community. Our Orientation staff and volunteers work hard to ensure you have a memorable week and a great introduction to life at the University of Rochester.
The programs and events on the first day of Orientation (Wednesday, August 23) will be geared to all incoming new students. In mid to late June you will receive a mailing from Orientation regarding information on advising, foreign language placement, and your Academic Handbook. toward the end of June, 2017, all of the information is available online. International Students will be able to download all of the information online.
August 21, 2017
|International Student Move-In Day|
|August 23, 2017||First-Year & Transfer Move-In Day|
|August 23 - August 29, 2016||New Student Orientation|
|August 23 - 24, 2017||Parent & Family Orientation (Register Online beginning in mid-June!)|
The University will become a home away from home for students. Meal plans, housing, personal well-being, and decision making skills are all adressed by these organizations:
- Residential Life - www.rochester.edu/reslife/freshmen/
- Dining Services - www.rochester.edu/studentlife/dining.html
- University Health Services (UHS) - www.rochester.edu/uhs/
- Student Health 101 - http://rochester.readsh101.com/
- University Counseling Center (UCC) - http://www.rochester.edu/ucc/
- Public Safety - http://www.publicsafety.rochester.edu/
- Information Technology (IT) - www.rochester.edu/IT/incoming/
First Year Resources
Essential components of academic progress, personal and social well-being are addressed by these organizations:
- Center for Exellence in Teaching & Learning (CETL) - www.rochester.edu/college/cetl/undergraduate/
- College Center for Advising Services (CCAS) - www.rochester.edu/college/ccas/
- Student Activities (SA) - sa.rochester.edu
Spring 2018 Orientation
New students enrolling in spring 2018 will begin their Orientation program on January 14, 2018 at 5 pm in Douglass Commons. Mid-year Orientation is a highly personalized program that provides new students with opportunities to meet other new students, spend time with faculty and staff, and attend programs both on and off campus. You will also meet with current students who previously enrolled during a spring semester and are eager to share their experiences. Parents and other family members may wish to attend a half-day program on January 15 from 8:30am to 1 pm to learn more about our community and the resources available to students. Information and registration materials will be sent in mid-December. Please check your University email. If you do not receive information regarding Orientation by December 30th, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring and cannot wait to help you make the smooth transition into college life!