Faculty Guide to Online Learning
We are happy you are starting your journey with online learning!
This Faculty Guide for Online Learning will provide you with a framework for the development process. There are three building block steps in this process:
Step 1 - Conceptualize your Course
The first step is to start conceptualizing your course.
- Review the selected articles and resources (These may help you think about the affordances and constraints of online learning.)
- Review the Online Orientation for students.
- Use the Course Development tools to help you organize your planning and prepare to design and develop your online course.
Step 2 - Develop your Course
With your planning tools in place, it is time to start developing and implementing your course. Support, tools, and resources are available.
- Learn more about the UR Online Course Template
- Instructional Design and Getting started with the Online Course Template
- Attend face to face, "hands on" workshops
- Explore instructional technology resources and tutorials
- Explore educational resources
- Learn more about how to use Blackboard
- Create Accessible Course Materials
- Contact your Blackboard support team
Step 3 - Pilot your Course
With your online course completely developed, it is now time for you to pilot your course. In this step you need to:
- Begin Teaching your course
- Collaborate with your instructional design partner
- Keep a journal in order to make revisions for the next time you teach the course