To report an emergency:
- Pick up a Blue Light Emergency Phone
- Dial 13 from any other University phone
- From a cell phone or other non-University phone, dial 275-3333.
- Dial #413 from AT&T/Cingular or Verizon cell phones
For a recorded message on cancellations and special events at the University, please call (585) 275-6111.
The University's emergency notification system allows for the mass dissemination of critical information via voice, text, and e-mail to undergraduate students during a major emergency. If you are an undergraduate in the College of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering or the Eastman School of Music, you can input or edit your contact information in the AlertUR system. (NOTE: Text messages will be delivered more quickly than voice messages.)
AlertUR Emergency Notification Test
University-wide (inclusive of Medical Center)
Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017, 6 p.m.
In the event of an emergency, alerts are sent by voice, text, and email message. The purpose of the twice-a-year test is to activate the AlertUR system and check that you can be reached immediately.
Be prepared: What should you do?
What can you do?
- Continue to stay informed by reading and listening to news media reports and going to government Web sites such as those listed on this page.
- Know what your role is during an emergency. Reference your department's emergency response plan or your housing safety plan.
- If you are on campus, seek assistance from University staff.
- Be familiar with your area or department evacuation plan.