Skip to main content

Advising Handbook

A-Level Examinations

Students earning high marks on A-level (advanced) examinations can request credit by consulting the appropriate department advisor. The original University of Cambridge GCE transcript and a statement of results should both be provided to Academic Records in Lattimore 312.

Academic Records will scan a copy of the student's documentation and place it in the student's file. The original documents will then be returned to the student.

The amount of credit awarded is determined by the department giving approval, normally on a Course Approval Form or in a memo to the College Center for Advising Services.

O-level (ordinary) courses or subsidiary examinations are not comparable to college courses and no credit can be awarded.

Students with questions should consult the College Center for Advising Services.