General Application Timeline
- Start an application: Applications for programs in Arts, Sciences and Engineering open mid-August.
- Complete the application: Competitive applicants submit their application between September and January. Contact the department you are applying to with specific questions about application requirements or if you have questions about the program.
- Application deadlines: These vary by program. Please check the individual programs web page for information about the deadlines.
- Decision notification: Depending on the individual program’s timeline, you can start to expect decisions on applications to go out several weeks after the deadline closes. Offer letters include information on scholarships. Programs in AS&E notify students through email of admissions decisions.
- Financial aid forms: January 1: Domestic applicants can begin the FAFSA form. Please have the FAFSA completed by March 15.
- Decision deadline: April 15: The date by which all admitted students must accept the offer of admission to maintain their original financial support.
- I-20 paperwork: April 15–May 30: International students can begin gathering financial information that will be required for the I-20 paperwork.
- Housing information: After accepting an offer of admission, students that plan on living on-campus should explore the opportunities for housing as soon as possible: http://www.rochester.edu/reslife/graduate/
Throughout the admissions process, email is the primary way that the enrollment and admissions communicates with prospective students. Please ensure that your email address is accurate and that you check the status of your application often.