Recommendations for AS&E websites
The recommendations outlined in this section were developed to help improve consistency in navigation and content for AS&E websites. There are six primary recommendations as well as sections on content strategies and best practices, along with the AS&E web style guide created by our group and University Communications.
- Download a printable version of the recommendations.
Who are the recommendations for?
The recommendations in this section apply to all websites within Arts, Sciences & Engineering at the University of Rochester. They were developed in conjunction with the Deans' Office and a faculty committee.
Why are the recommendations important?
The main goal of these recommendations is to improve website navigation and content throughout Arts, Sciences & Engineering in a way that is attainable to provide a consistent experience for the user.
What are the recommendations?
The recommendations include adoption of standard elements such as:
- A search function throughout the site
- A link back to the University home page and the respective school home page
- A standard set of navigational headings across department websites
- Easy‐to‐find contact information for the department