Recommendations for AS&E Websites
The recommendations outlined in this section were developed to help improve consistency in navigation and content for AS&E websites. There are six primary recommendations as well sections on content strategies and best practices.
- Download a printable version of the recommendations.
WHO are the recommendations for?
The recommendations in this section apply to all websites within Arts, Sciences and Engineering at the University of Rochester. They were developed in conjunction with the Deans' Office and a faculty committee.
WHY are the recommendations important?
The main goal of these recommendations is to improve website navigation and content throughout Arts, Sciences and Engineering in a way that is attainable and consistent.
WHAT are the recommendations?
The recommendations include adoption of standard elements such as:
- A search function throughout the site;
- A link back to the University homepage and their respective school homepage;
- A standard set of navigational subheadings across department websites;
- And easy‐to‐find contact information on the department's homepage.