National Testing Programs
The Testing Office administers national testing programs as noted below, as well as a variety of special exams.
Additional information about testing can be obtained in the Testing Office in 364 Rush Rhees Library or by emailing Jacqui Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the testing reporting room locations should be indicated on the admission ticket.
The major testing programs administered by this office include:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – subject only
- Law School Administration Test (LSAT) Digital Exam
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE) (The last MPRE Exam that will be administered at the University of Rochester campus.)
Testing Calendar for National Exams
Reporting time for all exams is 8:30 a.m. with the exam beginning at approximately 9:00 a.m. (once all candidates have been checked in and the instructions read).
The reporting location for most of the National Exams (GRE and MPRE) is Harkness Hall 115 (unless otherwise noted). The Digital LSAT exam is normally held in a larger location such as Hubbell Auditorium (Hutchison 141) or in Goergen. Please check the website for updates on locations for each exam. Please check the map on the University of Rochester website for the location of the exam.
- February 22 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (Reporting location: Goergen 101), Goergen 108
- April 4 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. GRE Exam (Reporting location Harkness 115), Gavett 310, 312
- April 25 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (Reporting location: Harkness 115), Goergen 108, Gavett, 310, 312
Please note: As of Spring 2020, there will be no special exams arranged at this time (until further notice).
Occasionally we host special exams requiring a proctor for University of Rochester staff, students (studying abroad) or exchange students. We also host special exams for students from other Universities. Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible to take these special exams. Vicki Mullen can be contacted regarding these special requests. Proctors for these exams are hired on an as needed basis.
We do not host make up exams for University of Rochester students taking University of Rochester classes. We ask that the students make arrangements with their instructors or TA.
A testing fee is charged for students and staff who take these exams so that we can pay our proctors.
The following fees are charged:
- One to two hours $45.00
- Two to three hours $60.00
- Three to four hours $75.00
Five dollars less if the student is a University of Rochester student.
Any questions can be referred to Vicki Mullen, special testing coordinator, by email at email@example.com or by visiting 312 Lattimore Hall.
Parking is free and open to all test takers on Saturdays. If you are testing for a Monday exam, please stop at the information booth on Wilson Boulevard and purchase a parking pass for $4.00. See the parking website for more information.
Test Administration Staff
Jacqui Rizzo, Testing Administrator
(585) 275-2052 (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Vicki Mullen, Testing Assistant
(585) 275-2295 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
In case of emergencies, contact Public Safety