National Testing Programs
The Testing Office administers national testing programs as noted below, as well as a variety of special exams.
Additional information about testing programs can be obtained in the Testing Office in 312 Lattimore Hall. The major testing programs administered by this office include
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)—subject only
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE)
Questions about other national testing programs should be directed to the Testing Office. If the tests in question are not given there, students will be referred to the proper locations.
Please check the map on the University of Rochester website for the location of the exam. Generally 115 Harkness Hall is the reporting location for all National Exams (GRE, LSAT and MPRE).
Test Administration Staff:
Vicki M. Mullen, Testing Administrative Assistant
(585) 275-2295 (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Jacqui Rizzo, Testing Administrator
(585) 275-2052 (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
In case of emergencies, contact Public Safety
(585) 275-3333, #413
2017-18 Testing Calendar for National Exams
Reporting time for all exams is 8:00 a.m. with the exams starting at 8:30 a.m. (once all candidates have been checked in and the instructions read).
Reporting locations may vary. Please check the reporting locations listed below. Reporting locations for 2018 exams will be listed in the future.
- October 28 (Saturday) 2017 GRE Exam (Reporting location is 108 Goergen Hall)
- November 4 (Saturday) 2017 MPRE Exam (Reporting location is 115 Harkness Hall)
- December 2 (Saturday) 2017 LSAT Exam (Reporting location is 310 Gavett Hall)
- February 10 (Saturday) 2018 LSAT Exam
- April 14 (Saturday) 2018 GRE Exam
- March 24 (Saturday) 2018 MPRE Exam
- August 11 (Saturday) 2018 MPRE Exam
- November 10 (Saturday) 2018 MPRE Exam
Occasionally we host special exams requiring a proctor for University of Rochester staff, students or exchange students. Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible to take these special exams. Vicki Mullen can be contacted regarding these special requests. Proctors for these exams are hired on an as needed basis.
A testing fee is charged for students and staff who take these exams so that we can pay our proctors.
The following fees are charged: ($5.00 less if the student is a University of Rochester student)
- 1-2 hours $45.00
- 2-3 hours $60.00
- 3-4 hours $75.00
Any questions can be referred to Vicki Mullen, Testing Assistant.