National Testing Programs
The Testing Office administers national testing programs as noted below, as well as a variety of special exams.
Additional information about testing can be obtained in the Testing Office in 364 Rush Rhees Library or by emailing Jacqui Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the testing reporting room locations should be indicated on the admission ticket.
The major testing programs administered by this office include:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – subject only
- Law School Administration Test (LSAT)
Please note: the LSAT exam will be administered with the last paper exam on June 3, 2019. Beginning with the July 15, 2019 exam, it will be administered digitally.
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE)
Testing Calendar for National Exams
Reporting time for all exams is 8:30 a.m. with the exam beginning at approximately 9:00 a.m. (once all candidates have been checked in and the instructions read).
The reporting location for most of the National Exams (GRE, LSAT and MPRE) is Harkness Hall 115 (unless otherwise noted). Please check the map on the University of Rochester website for the location of the exam.
Check back frequently for updates.
- August 10 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. MPRE Exam (Reporting location Harkness 115)
- September 14 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. GRE Exam (Reporting location Harkness 115)
- September 21 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (Reporting location Hubbell Auditorium: Hutchison 141)
- October 26 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. GRE Exam (Reporting location Harkness 115)
- November 9 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. MPRE Exam (Reporting location Harkness 115)
- November 25 (Monday) 12:30 p.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (This exam has been cancelled at the University of Rochester campus.)
- January 13 (Monday) 12:30 p.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (Reporting location TBA)
- February 22 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (Reporting location TBA)
- March 30 (Monday) 12:30 p.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (Reporting location TBA)
- April 4 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. GRE Exam (Reporting location TBA)
- April 25 (Saturday) 8:30 a.m. LSAT Exam (Digital) (Reporting location TBA)
Occasionally we host special exams requiring a proctor for University of Rochester staff, students or exchange students. Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible to take these special exams. Vicki Mullen can be contacted regarding these special requests. Proctors for these exams are hired on an as needed basis.
A testing fee is charged for students and staff who take these exams so that we can pay our proctors.
The following fees are charged:
- One to two hours $45.00
- Two to three hours $60.00
- Three to four hours $75.00
Five dollars less if the student is a University of Rochester student.
Any questions can be referred to Vicki Mullen, special testing coordinator, by email at email@example.com or by visiting 312 Lattimore Hall.
Parking is free and open to all test takers on Saturdays. If you are testing for a Monday exam, please stop at the information booth on Wilson Boulevard and purchase a parking pass for $4.00. See the parking website for more information.
Test Administration Staff
Jacqui Rizzo, Testing Administrator
(585) 275-2052 (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
In case of emergencies, contact Public Safety