The One Community Programming Fund is designed to support culturally based programming and enhance the understanding and appreciation of diversity and inclusion initiatives. We encourage collaborative programs or activities that exemplify the spirit and purpose of supporting diversity and inclusion in our community.
These funds can be used to help offset the cost of a new or improved program, especially when the costs for the program were not included in the budget request submitted during the previous year.
Students are invited to apply for this One Community Programming Fund. Funds will be awarded in two categories and will be reviewed by the selection committee.
View past grant recipients.
All funding proposals should meet the following criteria:
- The proposed program will educate the University of Rochester community regarding the value of diversity and inclusion and/or promote an understanding of issues involving underrepresented populations.
- The proposed program will serve the needs and/or professional interests of underrepresented populations of our campus community.
- The proposed program may not be able to be funded entirely by an already existing budget (such as an SA-funded student organization or a departmental budget) and must have also exhausted other available resources.
- The person/group proposing the program has the proper authority and expertise to carry out coordination of activity as described.
- The proposed program is consistent with our University Meliora Vision & Values.
All funding proposals should meet the following requirements:
- Must be a member of the College.
- Student groups may be eligible for funding to attend a conference and/or alternative spring break up to the amount of $500. The same student group may only receive this funding once every other academic year.
- Repeat program proposals are discouraged, unless they have been changed or modified from the previous year.
- Special consideration is given to proposals that address issues of race/racism and that actively promote student engagement and participation.
The One Community Programming Fund proposals should be submitted well in advance of your proposed event or program date to facilitate review and processing.
For best consideration, please ensure that your proposal for funding is received by the selection committee by these dates:
For your information and planning purposes, here are the One Community and the Meliora Vision & Values Grant Submission Deadlines:
Fall Semester 2020:
- September 9
- October 7
- November 4
Spring Semester 2021:
- February 3
- March 3
- April 7