Research Presentation Awards
Presentation Awards (i.e., conference funding) are given to University of Rochester undergraduate students who are presenting their research at academic conferences. The award can be used to fund conference registration, travel, lodging, and food expenses.
Individual students can be awarded up to $500 for domestic travel or $1000 for international travel. Students can receive up to two awards per academic year. This award program is intended to be a cost-sharing award. We would like to see the traveling student, mentor, and/or host department sharing roughly half the cost.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a University of Rochester undergraduate student in a degree-granting program
- Not be on academic or disciplinary probation, or on a leave of absence or suspension
- Have your research already accepted for presentation at an academic conference
Before applying for funding through the Office of Undergraduate Research, you are expected to have already requested funding from your department/advisor. If you are a senior, you cannot apply for funding for any conference that takes place after graduation. All travel must be undertaken while still a University of Rochester undergraduate.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit your application at least 30 days in advance of travel.
Requests must be accompanied by a Presentation Award Application and the following:
- A formal written request explaining where and when you want to go and what you plan to present, including a:
- Brief explanation about why this would be an enriching opportunity for you
- Description of your project
- Link to the conference website
- Summary of your department's/advisor's share of the cost of this trip
- Your resume
- An informal copy of your transcript
- A letter of support from your research advisor or faculty member, sent separately to the Office of Undergraduate Research
Send all materials to the Office of Undergraduate Research at UnderGradResearch@ur.rochester.edu.