Research Presentation Awards
Research Presentation Awards (i.e., conference funding) are given to University of Rochester undergraduate students who are presenting their research at academic conferences. The award can be used to fund conference registration, travel, lodging, and food expenses.
Individual students can be awarded up to $500 for domestic travel or $1000 for international travel. Students can receive up to two awards per academic year. This award program is intended to be a cost-sharing award; that is, we would like to see the traveling student, mentor, and/or host department sharing roughly half the cost.
To be eligible you must:
- be a currently enrolled UR undergraduate student in a degree-granting program;
- be in good academic standing;
- have been accepted for presentation at an academic conference.
Before applying for funding through the Office of Undergraduate Research, you are expected to have already requested funding from your department/advisor. If you are a senior, you cannot apply for funding for any conference that takes place after graduation. Again, all research and travel must be undertaken while you are still a University of Rochester undergraduate.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit your application at least 30 days in advance of travel.
You must submit a Research Presentation Award Application that includes the following:
- a brief explanation about why this would be an enriching opportunity for you;
- an abstract of your presentation;
- link to the conference website;
- a complete budget including a summary of your department's/advisor's share of the cost of this trip;
- your resume;
- A letter of support from your research advisor or faculty member, submitted separately by your recommender.