The Off-Campus Living Program provides assistance, education, and support to members of the University of Rochester community who are seeking housing or residing off campus. We assist all University students, both graduate and undergraduates, in all schools at the University.
The Office for Off-Campus Living Programs:
- Helps University students, faculty, and staff to locate rental housing in the area
- Operates the Off-Campus Living Search, our property listing database
- Educates students about how to be good neighbors and tenants
- Organizes events, activities, and leadership opportunities for students living off campus
- Works with neighborhood associations and service centers to maintain open communication and promote strong community ties
- Assists with student/landlord dispute resolution and communication
- Advises off-campus student organizations
Off-Campus Housing Search
We maintain a self-serve housing search engine that lets you search online for suitable off-campus housing opportunities. Landlords have the opportunity to list rental properties, free of charge, to students and University members wishing to live off campus. You can also search for roommates on this search engine under “shared housing”.
Students can meet with the coordinator for off-campus living by calling (585) 275-3166 to schedule an appointment. Students can also email the coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.