Jackson Court is an upper-classmen housing facility located along Wilson Blvd., which consists of Anderson and Wilder Towers and the newest edition to our residence halls, O’Brien Hall. Anderson and Wilder Towers are co-ed suite-style residences, each with 9 floors. The total occupancy is 668 students, with a combination of singles, doubles, and suites. O’Brien Hall is a Gold LEED certified building meaning it was built with sustainability and conservation as an ideal. O’Brien is a co-ed residence with 5 floors: O’Brien 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. The total occupancy is about 120 students, with either singles or doubles available. Each floor has three bathrooms and the first floor has a meeting room, music practice room, and a dance studio that can be reserved.
Anderson Tower was built in 1962 and is named for Martin Brewer Anderson, the University's first president, who served from 1853 until 1888 and was a member of the Board of Trustees from 1887 until his death. Across Jackson Court is Anderson's sister building, Wilder Tower. Also built in 1962, it was named for John Nichols Wilder, who was the University's first chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1850 to 1858. Wilder declined the University presidency for business reasons but, played an important role in its early years. Between them, O’Brien Hall was built in 2012, named for Dennis O’Brien, the university’s 9th president, who served from 1989-1996. O’Brien laid the groundwork for President Jackson’s Renaissance plan. President Jackson, for whom the area was dedicated, was the 10th president of the university serving from 1996-2005. Jackson was known for establishing the Renaissance plan, in which the class size was reduced and selectivity was increased. The idea being that students and the campus would benefit from a higher standard of student acceptance.