Dedicated to Laurence H. Bloch ’75 and Cindy C. Bloch in October 2001, the Bloch Fitness Center has:
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic student staff
- Over 50 pieces of cardio equipment, including:
- Life Fitness treadmills with personal viewing screens
- Octane ellipticals
- Precor spin bikes
- Expresso virtual reality bikes
- StairMaster steppers
- Life Fitness steppers
- Arc Trainers and Concept II rowers
- Precor Adaptive Motion Trainers
- A Life Fitness Signature Series selectorized circuit
- Over 10,000 pounds of free weights and accessories
All University of Rochester full-time undergraduate and graduate students, R Club members, and their guests (who must be 16 year old or older) are welcome to pursue their personal fitness goals in the fitness center. We expect everyone who uses the facilities to follow our fitness center guidelines.
How to Join
All faculty, staff, alumni, friends of the University, and part-time students are welcome to join the facility membership program, R Club, at any time throughout the year. To join or learn more, visit the R Club membership page.
All full-time University of Rochester students are permitted to use the fitness center at no charge.
The Goergen Athletic Center is operating under University of Rochester COVID guidelines here.
The front desk can be reached at (585) 275-7643. For hours of operation see the hours page.