Consult the information below to identify the correct support office for your needs as an instructor.
Immediate Support for Instructors
For questions that don't obviously match up to an area of expertise below, contact the ECM Help Desk (open 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.), which will triage and direct questions.
ECM Help Desk
- For routine requests: email@example.com
- For urgent support questions: (585) 275-9014
Immediate Support for Students
The IT Center Help Desk is open by phone and ready to help you use the tools referred to on this web page. You can find our hours of operation on the IT Center web page.
AS&E Dean’s Office
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with policy questions about curricular issues (major, minors, etc.), course grading, and other academic administrative matters. Guiding documents and resources from the College are included in AS&E course assessment strategies for remote teaching and learning.
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Academic Honesty: Greer Murphy, email@example.com
- Pedagogy (teaching best practices): Stu Jordan, Greer Murphy, Rachel Remmel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Continuity Committee guidance clarifications: Rachel Remmel, email@example.com
- Status of CETL student academic support services (study skills, tutoring, Study Zone, study groups): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual/remote learning support in response to COVID-19
Contact the Office of Educational Effectiveness via email (email@example.com) for support with assessment strategies (e.g. mapping to learning outcomes, grading criteria, rubrics, etc.) and for program assessment initiatives and needs. Resources also available at "Assessment Strategies for Remote Teaching and Learning".
Event and Classroom Management
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for routine requests or (585) 275-9014 for urgent support requests. Open 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Lecture Capture Panopto classrooms
- On-campus classroom technology support
- Loaner equipment requests
AS&E Instructional Technology Services
Contact InstructionalTechSvcs@ur.rochester.edu for support and best practice consultation for teaching and learning with technology tools such as Panopto, Zoom, Blackboard, Gradescope, and more.
Our team supports the intersection of Pedagogy and technology including recommendations of technology tools for successful teaching and learning. Coaching and support provided by Eric Likness and Jason Wagner.
Contact email@example.com for technical support for supported software products, including Blackboard and for software licensing questions.
For all updates see the COVID-19: libraries support and information page.
- Identify, obtain and access electronic course materials. Due to safety concerns and limitations on access to physical items in our library collections, the River Campus Libraries will be unable to offer a physical Course Reserves service for the fall 2020 semester. Library staff will order electronic items when available and will ensure licenses meet class needs. Requests for course reserves may be submitted via our Course Reserves form.
- Request digitization of course materials currently available only in a print format. Subject to limitations for copyright compliance. Requests to digitize print book chapters and articles may be submitted via our Course Reserves form.
- Identify and access alternative course resources. When course materials are not available in an electronic format and digitization is not possible, Outreach Librarians can assist instructors in identifying and accessing alternative resources to use in their courses.
- Request instruction and research support for faculty and students. The library is “virtually” open! Contact an outreach librarian to arrange.
- Utilize study space for your students. The Barbara J. Burger iZone is open exclusively to students living on the River Campus through the summer session as a study-only space Monday through Friday (excluding July 3) 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bring an ID and mask.
- Obtain physical materials. University faculty members and graduate students may place requests for physical materials in the River Campus Libraries collections through the online catalog. Pickup items at the iZone, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please note that it might take a few days after the request is placed for items to be ready.
- Contact the Library Staff and make appointments. Click the LIVE CHAT button from the library’s home page from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. See which librarian is online at our public on-call schedule. You may contact your outreach librarian directly with questions and requests or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You are invited to make an online appointment with a librarian.
Office of Disability Resources
Contact email@example.com for assistance with:
- Required accommodations for specific students in online/remote coursework, including test accommodations.
- Required accessibility standards for all online/remote coursework.
- Best practices for types of student needs, such as those who are blind or low vision, Deaf or hard of hearing, and those who need to limit screen time or video time.
Writing, Speaking and Argument Program
The Writing and Speaking Center is available for virtual support. Our resources are free and open to all members of the College—staff, faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students. Visit our website to schedule a writing or speaking virtual tutoring appointment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pedagogy (teaching best practices) for writing and speaking or with questions about the Writing and Speaking Center.