We’ve created and compiled the following information for AS&E instructors who are planning courses that will be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Training, community, and help: contains a schedule of training opportunities, information about how to connect with other instructors who share your teaching interests, and a list that explains which office to contact for different types of questions.
- AS&E spring 2023 academic policies (pdf): contains AS&E policies that instructors must follow. If you have questions about policy in the meantime, contact Alan Czaplicki, associate dean of the College.
- Designing a course: describes best practices for designing your course for flexible face-to-face, hybrid, and online modalities, including guidance on setting learning objectives, backward design and assessing student learning.
- Teaching a course: describes best practices for teaching your course, including both synchronous and asynchronous options.
- Educational technology tools: contains information about available EdTech tools to instruct students online and enhance face-to-face instruction, including online alternatives for whiteboards and online discussion board tools.
- Classroom technology instructions: identifies the technology in classrooms and explains how to use it.
- Guidebook to Other University of Rochester Teaching Resources: Contains links and brief descriptions of other University of Rochester teaching resources.