Language Center Hub
The Language Center features a staffed hub that can be used for individual or group projects and research. The space will have the following features:
- Computers with language-learning software
- Video conferencing
- Sound and video recording equipment
- Equipment for viewing and listening to other languages
The community kitchen is a place that faculty and instructors can reserve for classes or special events. Conversation hours are also hosted in the kitchen.
Cultural Lounge Area
The cultural lounge area includes a space for studying and has:
- Books in other languages
- An LCD screen with a video gaming station
- Weekly discussions
- Equipment to borrow
- TV and radio stations in different languages
- An outside area for conversations
Classrooms and Study Areas
Classrooms and study areas can be reserved by faculty and staff for special events. The center also has some smart classrooms available as well as classrooms with distance-learning capabilities.
A variety of equipment is available from the language center. All equipment must stay in the language center unless noted otherwise.
- VCR player
- DVD player
- Video recorders*
- Voice recorders*
- 4 HDMI adapter cables
*Both video and voice recorders can leave the language center.